The Franklin Post

The Student News Site of Franklin High School

The Franklin Post

The Franklin Post

Butterscotch Pudding Recipe

A bowl of butterscotch pudding served hot after making. Hot pudding is a perfect comfort food for the upcoming fall and winter seasons.
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp cornstarch
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • 1 ½ cups whole milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp unsalted butter

This delicious recipe is perfect for fall and winter; it can be served both hot and cold but is decidedly better hot. It features a rich butterscotch flavor and a smooth, creamy texture. Optional additions include: whipped cream, a sprinkle of cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, or whatever special touch is desired. Otherwise the recipe is heavenly on its own. This recipe serves four but can be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled to feed an entire clan of pudding-hungry trolls. To double the recipe (you will probably want to), use twice as much of each ingredient.

The directions: First mix together salt, cornstarch, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan, then pour in cream and milk. Bring to a boil on medium heat, while stirring continuously. Let boil for one minute, while whisking. Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter. Pour contents into a bowl. If desired as a cold dessert, cover and let cool in fridge for at least 2 hours. Enjoy!